Gallery
Useful links
  • پورتال امام خمینی
  • دفتر مقام معظم رهبری
  • ریاست جمهوری
  • معاونت امور مجلس
  • نقشه جامع علمی کشور
  • Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
  • صندوق احیا و بهره برداری از بناهای تاریخی و فرهنگی کشور
Feedback
History of the Embassy

 

The History of the Iran Embassy in Denmark

 

The seizure of a cargo ship belonging to the Armenians of Jolfa in Esfahan, in 1687, by the naval fleet of the Danish East India Company in the Bay of Bengal brought about the first diplomatic contact between the royal courts of Iran and Denmark. On December 11, 1691 the first Iranian envoy (Ambassador), representing Shah Tahmasb of Persia, on a mission to request compensation for the seized ship, was received at Carlsberg Palace and presented his credentials to Christian V.

Relations between the imperial governments of Iran and Denmark continued in the form of delegations and special envoys.  From 1876 Iranian Ambassadors in Imperial Russia were accredited to Denmark, a role took on by Iranian Ambassadors to Sweden after the establishment of the Iranian Embassy there in 1919. In 1933 a friendship treaty was signed between Iran and Denmark and the Danish Consular was established in Tehran and later upgraded to Embassy status. The Iranian Embassy in Copenhagen was established on 19 February 1959 with Ali Asghar Naser taking charge.

 

 

 

 

Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Islamic Republic of IRAN,
All Rights Reserved